CRPNA Education Fund
The College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Alberta (CRPNA) Psychiatric Nursing Education Fund is provided to support Registered
Psychiatric Nurses in their pursuit of educational opportunities that
specifically impact their skills, knowledge and professional development.
Education funding is intended to support RPNs in their
development of additional knowledge and skills within the profession of
These educational opportunities are defined as:
- Event Funding - non credit educational programs including participation in conferences, workshops and seminars.
- Short Term Funding - programs leading to obtainment of certification or enhanced specialty knowledge.
- Long Term Funding - courses within educational programs at the Baccalaureate, Masters or Doctoral level of study.
meet the following criteria to apply for reimbursement of self-paid costs to complete educational courses:
- Educational activity must occur within 6 months, before or after the deadline dates
- Deadline dates are: April 30th and October 31st
- Completed application forms must be received or postmarked by the deadline dates. Late or incomplete applications WILL NOT be accepted
- Applicants must hold an Active Practice Permit at the time of the funding application
- Applicants must reside in Alberta with a minimum of one (1) year post practicing registration experience in Alberta
- Applicants can only apply for funding once (1) per application deadline date, priority will be given to first time applicants, funding will be determined by the number of eligible applications received
- Applicants MUST ATTACH a BRIEF description and COST of the Course(s), Event, Workshop, Seminar or Conference with the application
- Eligible expenses are: tuition, registration fees, limited travel and accommodation
Applicants must apply
funding using an Education Fund Application form .
Mail, fax or email your completed application form and required documents to the CRPNA. Only complete and eligible applications will be considered.
CRPNA may request further information upon review of a submitted application. Submission of an application does not guarantee
full or partial funding support.
This fund will be administered by CRPNA and the Education Fund
Committee. All decisions are final.
Applicants will receive written notification as to the status of your application 4 - 6 weeks after
the application deadline date.