Below are the tools that will help you through the annual renewal process. Remember to renew your practice permit by April 30th to avoid a $75.00 late fee. But more importantly RPNs who have not registered by May 31st will have their practice permits suspended.
Key Points for Renewing:
- A user name and password are required to sign in
- Members are able to change their status
- Review and change (if required) personal and employment information
- A current valid email address is required under the Health Professions Act (HPA)
- Professional Liability Insurance (PLI) declaration that PLI requirements met for renewal
- Record practice hours for the previous twelve months
- Complete a Continuing Competence Program (CCP) Practice Enhancement Plan
- Payment Options: Visa Credit, Visa Debit, MasterCard Credit, MasterCard Debit. Cash is no longer accepted
- Pre-Authorized Payment Plan (PAPP) members must complete the online registration renewal process
- A confirmation email will be sent upon completion of the online registration renewal process, should this email not be received contact the CRPNA office
- An electronic tax receipt will be emailed within 24 hours.
- Practicing members can view and print their own Practice Permit and Tax Receipt from their personal member page within 48 hours, providing there are no issues.
- Employers can validate RPN registration status on the website on the menu bar called Find A RPN
Quick Tip to help calculate practice hours:
Full time - calculate based on number of shifts x number of hours of the shift x 12 months (example: 20 shifts per month x 8 hrs x 12 = 1920 hrs).
Part time & Casual - calculate based on shift length and number of shifts in your part time position per month x 12 months OR number of casual shifts in a month x 12 months.
Do not include sick/vacation or leaves of any time. Hours are required to maintain the mandatory clinical competency hour requirement as legislated.